In this book, the reader will find all the lectures delivered in the Training Course, addressing different aspects of critical edition, revolving around:
- Editing manuscript on the Qurʾānic sciences, considering the diversity of areas, multiple possibilities, and the editor’s knowledge and culture.
- Editing the Qur’ānic text: comprehension of authoritative link to origin and contexts of revelation.
- Proposals and views for a robust approach to editing manuscripts in the Qur’ānic and related sciences.
- Muṣḥaf manuscripts: aspects of interest, and the position on their research.
- Manuscripts of the Mashriqī tradition in the discipline of Qur’ān orthography: introduction and importance.
- Investigating attribution: al-Ṭabarānī’s alleged exegesis text as an example.
- Manuscripts with unknown authors; importance and treatment: Qur’ānic science texts as an example.
- Treatment of Prophetic traditions (Ḥadīth) texts in editing manuscripts on exegesis and Qur’ānic sciences.
- Methodologies for verification of Israelite narrations in books of exegesis.
- The Arabic and orientalist schools of edition.
- Subject cataloguing of exegesis (tafsīr) textbooks: concept, methodology, and purpose.